(47-2016) USB Rover® 2850 - USB Extention over Cat 5
- Item #: 47-2016
USB Rover® 2850 extends USB 1.1 connections beyond the desktop up to 40 meters over Cat 5 cable
(85 meters achievable with some Low-Speed HID devices such as keyboards and mice).
USB Rover® products operate over standard solid core Cat 5 UTP cable (the same wiring used in Ethernet). The USB Rover® 2850 uses technology ideal for extending USB peripherals without the need for additional software for either the computer or the target devices.
The USB Rover® 2850 product is composed of two separate units: the Local Extender (LEX) and the Remote Extender (REX). Conventional USB cables are used to connect the LEX unit to the host computer, and the remote USB device to the REX unit. Cat 5 UTP cabling is used to connect the LEX and REX units over a distance of up to 40m (131 ft).
Icron's USB Rover® 2850 extension system is ideal for use with USB peripherals such as: keyboards, mice, interactive white boards, and game controllers without the need for external power adapters.
USB Rover® 2850 comes with a 3-year warranty and includes the ExtremeUSB® suite of features:
• Plug and play. No software drivers required
• Supports all major operating systems: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux
• Reliable operation with all USB 2.0 and 1.1 devices including hubs
• Supports both Full-Speed (12 Mbps) and Low-Speed (1.5 Mbps) throughputs
• FCC and CE, Class B emissions
• Industrial rated ESD/EFT immunity
USB Rover® products are perfect for the following applications:
• Interactive White Board
• Keyboard and Mouse
• Digital Signage
• Industrial Control
• Corporate Board Rooms: USB Device Extension